The quick answer to that is: $2.50 to $4.00 per Watt, or about $20,000 plus or minus $7000. For most people that is. This number takes into account the 30% Federal Incentive Tax Credit which is going down to 26% in 2020.
2019 1st Half, EnergySage Solar Marketplace Intel report. Key findings:
- H1 2019 Average National US Home Solar System Price: $2.99 per Watt. Florida average: $2.72 per Watt. California average: $2.99 per Watt. New Mexico average: $3.41 per Watt.
- Average National US Home Solar System Size: 9.4kW.
- Most common solar panel brands: Panasonic, LG, Silfab, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, SunPower, Hyundai, Solaria, Mission Solar, Trina.
- Most common inverter brands: SolarEdge, Enphase, SMA, SunPower, APSystems, ABB
2019 Q1 / Q2 – NREL Solar Industry Update (Slides 19-22). Key findings:
- $4.17/W for systems from 2.5 kW to 10 kW
- $3.52/W for systems from 10 kW to 100 kW
- Cost of equipment plus installation was $1.95/W and $1.85/W for 2 of the largest national installers. The rest of the costs were Sales and G&A costs.
For a more detailed calculation, feel free to read this post titled “Calculate Your Solar in 1 Minute“.
Or just contact us.